Saturday, November 3, 2018

October Days and Nana's Visit


Just a few photos from the last few weeks...this is the girls and I waiting for Nana at the airport.  Coming for her yearly visit.


That day happened also to be Sierra's 11th birthday - October 16th.  We did cake and ice cream after we got home from the airport and she wanted to get a picture with her gifts.


On Friday, we had friends visiting from NM.  So we went with them to Lake Tahoe.  Mom didn't want to go so she and the girls had lunch at Chick-Fil-A where Addie works and then went to the outlet mall.


Fall colors at Tahoe.
Softball game that night.

Saturday, we thought we had a game so we drove to the field to find out the game the night before replaced the Saturday game.  Oh well!  Home for BLT's and prepare for the Harvest Party.  (See other post for pictures.)



Sunday, we had our normal services.  This is Tinley - our friend's daughter.  We had trouble with our stove trying to finish up lunch.  What a fiasco.  I need to break down and buy a new one.


Had the Barnes family and Papa Vern for lunch.  Spent the afternoon talking with them.


Mom sure had great weather for her visit here!


I finished up my Bible reading plan for 2018.  I really liked reading through the Bible with this plan.  A lot of variety each day.



My husband and I voted early for the November elections.  Thank God for this freedom!


On Wednesday, they were doing a flu shot clinic at the Discovery Museum.  Well, we needed to get our flu shots and they gave free admission to the museum as well!  



It was a fun activity for the last night Mom was here.


Friday - my day off work from Max Packaging but I had two large photo inspection jobs to do.  And one needed to be all done before noon.  So I decided to make an early go - I left at 6:30am, got to the work site at 7am.  Did all those photos, drove to the next work site and do those photos.  Including the drive between, it was 2 hrs and 45 min which I felt was pretty good!  37 lots/houses.  The most I have ever done in one time.


After I got them done, I did some coupon shopping at CVS - got my favorite lip gloss super cheap.  Stopped at the library to pick up some books.  Got gas in my van.  Then had a nice breakfast at Subway.  No one there - enjoyed the sunshine, my sandwich and the quiet.


Then off to Wal-Mart to pick up my grocery order and then home.


Enjoyed getting some things done around the house on a beautiful day.  Made a big pot of jambalaya for dinner.


Then we picked up Addie and went for a hike at Galena Creek.  (See previous post)


To end the night, we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!".  Always a fun tradition!


Saturday, we had the last softball game for this fall until next spring.  We also had my van in for an oil change and tire rotation.  Then I went to pick up Addie from work.  We had a little time to kill so Sierra and Summer and I went to Scheels.  We rode the ferris wheel, walked around and looked at the Presidents and everything.




When we got home, we took Max on a walk.


I love the red leaves through our bedroom window.


Ending of a good week.  This stinker.  He's almost ten years old but still has the energy of a puppy.  My Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment