Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Thanksgiving Friday 2018


The Friday after Thanksgiving was another busy day.  I was up early getting some things done.  The girls and I did a little Black Friday shopping at Wal-Mart and then I took Addie to work.

When I got home, we went over to Miss Dora's home (from our church).  She made a delicious meal for our family and then we cut down one of her blue spruce trees.  She wanted it removed and asked if we wanted it as a Christmas tree.  We were planning on going to cut one down this year so made this our adventure instead.




The weather was quite iffy all weekend - a lot of wind for sure!


We came home from Miss Dora's and I got to work cooking and finishing cleaning.  Picked up Addie from work and then we had the Musser family over for dinner.  We are together a lot - but much of it is working at the church or on church events.  So it was fun just to hang out and enjoy a meal together.  My husband cooked steaks and I made cottage mashed potatoes with noodle gravy, cornbread corn, rolls, and mac and cheese.  We had tea, punch, sparkling cider...cheesecake, apple pie a'la mode and peanut butter cheeseball for dessert.  So much yummy food!

After dinner, we played Dominoes and Phase Ten.  Good ending to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment