Friday, November 16, 2018

Little Things...


Life is pretty much made up of the ordinary.  Just normal day-to-day events.  With a few bigger and exciting events stuck here and there.  So this is a few thoughts from the every day. :)


Boy, has it been chilly here!  It has been getting down in the 20's at night.  Even down to the teens a few nights.  We haven't had our first snow yet for the season and I have to say that I am waiting anxiously for it!  Maybe it is because I am more in the Christmas spirit than the last few years.  I have been playing my Christmas music and watching Christmas movies and even got my Christmas cards and gift cards bought and ready to send.  :)  


And I got my calendar/planner for next year.  Time to start penciling in dates!  I have tried the bigger and more detailed planners in years past.  Last year, I got a simple one at the Dollar Tree and it worked just fine so I got another one - just a different color for this year.  It is light and thin and I carry it in my purse.  I got all my birthdays in it and our Jamaica trip dates.  

Have I mentioned my husband, Addie and I are going on a missions trip to Jamaica in October of 2019?  My husband went on a missions trip to Cuba in April of this year with several men from our church.  Next year, we would like many of our church family to go - and we will be visiting Jamaica.  TJ Kimmel, director of CORE Missions, is organizing the trip.  Anyone is welcome to come!  We talked about taking each of our daughters on a missions trip possibly their junior or senior year of high school.  Addie will be a junior next year so this will be a great experience for us to do together before she goes to college.


Just a little yummy treat Autumn made!  


Yes, watching Christmas movies!  This one is Prancer.  It is an old one from my childhood days.  But it is one of my favorites.  I love watching movies from the days of being a kid.  :)  My girls sure laugh at their big hair back in the day!


Doing school on a Saturday.  We are doing a few extra days of school this month to get the quarter finished before the Thanksgiving holiday.  My goal is to get the quarter finished, grades done and mailed off!  


There's something about the time change that does me in.  Like really bad!  I'm an early riser and with it getting dark before I even get off work and being cold, that is a bad combo.  I get tired so early in the evening.  So, I changed up my schedule.  We used to go to the gym right after we got off work and had dinner.  Well, when we would get home like 8pm, I felt like doing nothing and just going to bed.  So now, I go home and have dinner with the family.  The girls and I work on school (while I still have a little left in my brain) and get that done!  Then at 8pm, I head to the gym.  We accomplish way more, I get to spend more and better time with the girls and I am working out through the time that I am usually winding down.  Just even 2-3 nights a week has made a big difference!

That's all for now!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment