Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018


I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving holiday!  Here is a few pictures from ours.


I was up early cleaning.  It was raining and dark and what a nice morning!  When I opened the curtains, I noticed I don't hear the rain anymore.  I did catch the little it did snow on Thanksgiving.  This is really the first snow we have had in the valley and as you can see - it was barely the first snow!



When the clouds broke for a little bit, we had blue skies and a snow covered mountain!


I made two pies that morning.  A pumpkin and an apple pie.  I forgot how long apple pies take to make!


I let Summer have the leftover pie crust to make cookies.


We decided not to have anyone over this year - just our family.  So instead of a traditional meal, we did a crawfish boil.




A crawfish boil consists of crawfish, hot smoked sausage, red potatoes, corn on the cob, mushrooms, heads of garlic, onion, seasonings, and lemons.


For dessert, pumpkin pie.  And boy was it good!  I am making this my keeper recipe!


After lunch, we cleaned up and decorated our Christmas tree, had some eggnog and cookies and watched a couple Christmas movies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment