Saturday, July 3, 2021

My Story of Bartimaeus

 

Monday, June 28th, I was taking Max on his morning walk.  We were coming out of our neighborhood and on the street near the curb, I saw a tiny kitten walking.  It seemed helpless and I couldn't get close because of Max but it looked like its eyes were shut.  I called Autumn to run down to where I was.  She took the kitten back to the house.



Its eyes were crusted shut and it couldn't see.  We gently cleaned its eyes several times to try to get them opened.  


The poor thing.  It was so little.  And its eyes weren't in good shape.  We made sure we kept them clean as we could when it wasn't sleeping.


The girls wanted to name him.  Sierra came up with the name - Bartimaeus.  Like in the Bible story - Blind Bartimaeus - since he couldn't see when we found him.  The name stuck and Bartimaeus it was!


Such a cute little guy.  He didn't seem to know how to lap up water or milk.  So I ran to Walgreens and got an eyedropper to feed him.  He was so hungry!



I'm telling ya - I'm not a cat person but with this little guy - I think he changed my mind!



Summer made these signs for his little kennel.  Aren't they cute!!  She has some inside too!




She slept out on an air mattress beside the kennel at night.





Taking over Max's spot!  Ha!


I miss my lap cuddle buddy, Belle.  It was nice to have a little guy to sit and cuddle with me again.






Due to Max's aggressive nature towards other animals, we couldn't keep little Bartimaeus.  I cried.  I wanted to.  It was really hard to give him up - I pray that he will get better quickly and be adopted from the animal shelter to a good home.  I miss you Bartimaeus and will always remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment