Thursday, June 9, 2022

Papa's Visit: Multnomah Falls and Summer's Game

What a June it has been!  We have gotten a few warmer days but still a lot of cloud cover. 






















It was a busy start to this past week!  I cleaned and did laundry Monday morning.  I didn't have a vehicle so I didn't do my normal grocery shopping.  Around 12:30pm, we had surprise visitors!  Papa Vern and his SIL, Bevy, came for a visit!
We visited at the house for the afternoon.  They went to check in to their hotel and then we met at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant for dinner. MMM!  We stayed until around 9pm visiting.

Tuesday, Summer, Autumn, myself, Papa and Bevy went to Multnomah Falls.  We were able to enjoy some blue skies and sunshine.




The angle of the sun and the heavy mist didn't make for good photos but it was beautiful anyway.







After the falls, we stopped at Vista Point which overlooks the Columbia River Gorge and is a must-see.  I love to think of the history of Lewis and Clark coming down this river so long ago.











That evening, Summer had her first softball game at Sherwood High School.  And what a view they have from up there!  Even though some clouds had moved in, you could still see Mt. Hood.  Always so pretty!





Summer up to bat.



Papa and Bevy came for the game along with Adam, Rachel, and their kids.


Papa and his girl, Summer.
After the game, I had to drop my Volvo off to be serviced the next day.  Then we met at Round Table for pizza and then home for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment