Saturday, June 10, 2023

A Wild Friday

 Friday.  What a day.

It started out well enough.  The girls and I decided to go out and do a little browsing for furniture.  A few of the things we need are a couple dressers for their bedrooms, dining room chairs, a small patio table to go with my chairs, an office chair, and a desk chair for my bedroom desk.  

We first dropped off our lawn mower at a local repair shop.  The very last time Eric went to mow our lawn in Oregon, he couldn't get the lawn mower started.  He borrowed my sister's lawn mower so we could mow before we moved.  We tried it when we got here and it just wasn't working.  So hopefully it is something simple like spark plugs.  And hopefully it is done soon so we can mow which our new lawn needs. :)

Then we stopped at Ricky and Brandie's.  They left town Friday morning and Autumn is dog sitting.  We left the dogs out and stayed for a moment with them.

Then I went for a chiropractor visit.  It is right by Ricky and Brandie's home.  I was very tight from unloading the truck, etc.  I had a great visit and he really gave me a great adjustment which I needed!

We then went to a few stores.  Old Time Pottery and At Home.  Treated the girls to lunch at Chick-Fil-A for their work on Wednesday.  Hit more stores - Five Below, Big Lots, Rooms-To-Go.  As we were going to Home Depot, we were passing by Kohl's.  Right in front of us, out ran two women and a man from the entrance with armloads of clothes still on hangars.  They ran out and got in a U-Haul truck.  We saw this happen and followed the U-Haul and took a photo of the license plate.  We went back to Kohl's and spoke to a manager.  They were filing a police report and we gave them the information of the license plate number.  How bold and how stupid of these people!  I pray that they are caught and prosecuted!  What a rush that was!

We then went to Home Depot and got three hanging baskets for my front porch.  And lastly, checked out the Goodwill.  The Goodwill was dingy and not very well kept up.  So that was disappointing.  Maybe we can find a better one to shop at.

It was a long day but was going to get longer.  Autumn and Summer left to go take care of the dogs.  I made dinner - jambalaya.  We got a big thunderstorm bringing lightning, thunder, and rain.  Almost knocked out our power.  We then got a call from Autumn saying they were on their way home but the car was acting funny and she had to pull over.  Eric and I drove down there.  The battery is definitely part of the problem.  It didn't even have enough power to put up the power windows.  We had to jump it and then keep the cables on it to get the windows up!  Also, the brake failure light came on.  I wasn't surprised because they were harder to use on this last trip and I knew I would need to get them checked out.  Sigh.

Eric didn't have any tools so he is going back there tomorrow to try to replace the battery.  And I will have to find a place to do the brakes.  And we have to get the key replaced.  It has become a money pit.  Gah.

We did bring the three dogs home so that it is easier to watch them and take care of them for this week instead of driving over several times a day to their home.  For now, they will stay upstairs and Max will stay downstairs.  Say some prayers for sanity.  Ha!

I promise I have lots of photos to share but that takes time and for now, I'll try to at least share details of life without photos until I catch up.  Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment