Sunday, June 11, 2023

Crazy Weekend of June

I'm telling you...I seem to be causing crazy stuff wherever I go.  Saturday, Eric had a medical massage scheduled for noon.  I was going to go with him because afterward, we were going to go get a new battery for my SUV and he wanted me to drive it home.
I waited in the vehicle during his massage.  Two times, I turned on the vehicle (our friend's car) to get some cool air.  I guess I left something on and ran the battery down.  The lady couldn't find her jumper cables and we tried using a portable charger and it just wouldn't charge it enough.  Finally, a neighbor let us borrow their cables.  We got it started and on our way.
We decided not to do the battery because both my dad and the mechanic thinks it is our alternator.  Another sigh.
We then stopped at a Mexican restaurant.  Both agreed it just wasn't what we had wanted.  Didn't taste authentic.  Sigh.  Another fail.
I then worked on unpacking the boxes for the kitchen.  I got it almost all done and even swept and mopped before I collapsed into bed.  Still have a lot to do but it was a good accomplishment.
And, we had another thunderstorm and a long downpour!  I do LOVE that about Florida. :)

Today was a busy morning walking the dogs (we are dogsitting three dogs plus our own) and getting ready for church.  We went to our classes and then to the main service.  Good sermon today!
After church, we stopped by the SUV, jumped it but it barely made it to the next street.  Then had to have insurance call a tow company (thankfully covered by our insurance) and have it towed (three miles) to our mechanic.  Eric stopped by the mechanic shop to drop off the key and had a good talk with him.  We are thankful that he is available to help us.  He will work on it the next couple days.

I made tacos and refried beans for lunch.  I fried up extra ground chuck in the fridge as well.  The girls did the dishes.  Eric put away all his guns in his two safes so they are out of the way now from the office.  Hooray!  I am taking a break and planning out some things for this week.  I think the DMV is on the schedule for this week.  Yay.  LOL!

Well, that is my weekend!  Hoping for a productive week here in Florida as I unpack, paint, decorate.  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment