Friday, June 9, 2023

Update on our Week in our New Home

 My week in Florida...

Sunday:  We went to our friends' church - First Baptist Church of Orange Park.  The girls attended the teen class and Eric and I attended an adult class at 9:15am.  We then attended their morning service at 10:45am.  We sat with our friends - Ricky and Brandie Martin, their kids, TJ and Ava, and Ricky's parents, Rick and Becky Martin.  The Sr. Martins are long-time missionaries to the Philippines.  Becky has been living in the States for a couple years with her kids while she treats her cancer.  They will both be returning to the Philippines in a couple weeks.

After church, we went to lunch at Golden Corral.  (my husband's choice-ha!)  I will say, it is quite pricey on the weekend. :(  Brandie and the kids came over to swim with us and then we went to their home to watch the playoffs.  I was able to chat with Brandie and Mrs. Martin and Eric with Bro. Martin.  They are a dear couple and so faithful to the Lord.

Monday:  I dropped off my Volvo at a repair shop - Mitch, the Volvo guy.  I had work done right before we left yet had major trouble the entire 2,500 miles here to Florida.  

After dropping it off, we went for our weekly groceries at Wal-Mart in Orange Park.

We made clam chowder and grilled cheese for dinner.  I just felt exhausted more than usual Monday.

Tuesday:  My Volvo was still in the shop.  We did some cleaning around the house.  Summer and I went swimming at our community pool in the afternoon.  

We made goulash and garlic breadsticks for dinner.

Wednesday:  Our moving truck arrived!  Before it arrived, I prepped dinner.  I made pico and also made green chile chicken enchiladas.  I wanted to have dinner almost all done so that we would have a good meal when we were done unloading the truck.  The timing was just right - the truck arrived right as I got done prepping the meal and cleaning up the kitchen.  The girls and I started as soon as the truck dropped at about 10:45am.  We unloaded it all minus the gun safe, outdoor freezer, dresser, and buffet/bookcase.  We got done with that around 2:30pm.

Brandie and her kids arrived and helped us move boxes and furniture into the right rooms.  Around 3:30pm, we took the kids down to swim.  It felt so good after sweating and getting filthy unloading that truck.

I came back at 5pm to put the enchiladas into the oven for dinner.  We had enchiladas, pico and tortilla chips, soda, and sun tea for dinner.  They stayed until 9:45pm.

Thursday:  Picked up my Volvo.  What a hot mess the mechanic in Newberg made.  Thankfully, the guy fixed the oil leaks.  No wonder my vehicle smoked the whole way (like Satan in Hell!!).  So much oil leaking onto my exhaust.  I feel so much better now that it is fixed correctly.

Autumn and I went to Wal-Mart.  Got a few things we needed and some tomato plants!  When I got home, I caught up on bill paying, going through emails, etc.  I just didn't have the energy to do much physically after such a heavy day unloading yesterday.

I started unpacking the boxes for the kitchen.  I got a good chunk done and will hopefully finish up this weekend.

We made chicken sandwiches and lemon rice soup for dinner.  Hoping for a productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment