Wednesday, July 12, 2023

A Day to Remember and Why

 Today is always a day I will remember.  Do you have any of those days?  A day that literally changed your life at that moment and the trajectory of your life.

What do you do with those days?  Just some thoughts from the book of Job that I am reading right now.

Job 2:10  "...Should we accept only good from God and not adversity?"

Job 5:6-11 "For distress does not grow out of the soil, and trouble does not sprout from the ground.  But humans are born for trouble as surely the sparks fly upward.  However, if I were you, I would appeal to God and would present my case to him.  He does great and unsearchable things, wonders without number.  He gives rain to the earth and sends water to the fields.  He sets the lowly on high, and mourners are lifted to safety."

Job 5:17 "See how happy is the person whom God corrects; so do not reject the discipline of the Almighty."

Job 8:13-15 "Such is the destiny of all who forget God; the hope of the godless will perish.  His source of confidence is fragile, what he trusts in is a spider's web.  He leans on his web, but it doesn't stand firm.  He grabs it, but it does not hold up."

Job 12:12-13  "Wisdom is found with the elderly, and understanding comes with long life.  Wisdom and strength belong to God; counsel and understanding are his."

Job 13:15 "Even if he kills me, I will hope in him."

Job 19:25 "But I know that my Redeemer lives."

Sometimes, we just want to forget some of those days, don't we?  Don't try to forget them or erase them.  Learn from them.  Ask the Lord for wisdom and strength and know that He controls your destiny.  Lean and trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment