Monday, July 24, 2023

My Week: July 17-21

 Another full week here in Florida!

Monday, July 17 - At 11am, I dropped Summer off for Junior Camp at Lake Yale Conference Center with our church group.  I then went to the post office to mail some books back that were not the right books that I purchased.  I went to the chiropractor - I had a migraine for two days and nights.  Then I dropped off my SUV for an oil change and tire rotation.  I then went and got my grocery shopping done for the week.  I went back to the auto center.  They couldn't finish the oil change because they didn't have the tool to change the oil filter.  The whole thing took almost three hours.  How frustrating.



Jackson needed to inspect.


Playing chess with Sierra before we left.




On their way.


Always love when storms roll in.




Sierra mowed the lawn.  I made spaghetti for dinner.  Addie worked 5-11pm.

Tuesday, July 18 - *Summer at camp and Autumn flying from Hungary to Portland.

Tuesday, I worked all day on Summer's bedroom while she was gone at camp.  Cleaning, organizing, decluttering, etc.  It was QUITE the project.  She's not the neatest child so...


Jackson up on the ledge scaring me HALF TO DEATH.


Rhoda was telling us about a monsoon that came through their area.


And then of course, always great news from the old home area!



And poor Rhoda's family having a very hot summer!



Tried to make Cream of Wheat.  It went all over.


Made a batch of cornmeal mush and that went all over.  I'm just having a day of it!



Even on the cat!


Ready to cool.


The before pics of Summer's room...







I made lime chicken fajitas and black beans for dinner.  Addie worked from 6-11pm.

Wednesday, July 19 - Addie, Sierra and I went on an exploration day to Amelia Island.  See upcoming posts with pictures and info!

When we got home, the AC was not working.  Not good with the temps being in the high 90's.



Max just wanting to sit in the grass and relax.

I worked on laundry and made rustic Italian tortellini soup for dinner (I know, bad idea with no AC in Florida but that's what was on the menu!).  We turned off the AC units and then around 11:15pm, I heard the unit running again and we were able to have AC through the night and all morning.

Thursday, July 20 - I took Eric to the airport in the morning - his flight was at 8:30pm.  I then finished up Summer's room.


The sunrise on the way to the airport.




AC still in the on and off stage.


A spice blend made locally with fresh fruits and herbs!  It smells so good!


Trying out a new podcast recommended to me by my sister. :)  Love Candace!


The pool looks so inviting in the morning when I walk by. :)


Nearly finished!  100% improvement!




Giving her dog and cat hugs and kisses when she got home.



Summer and I went down to the pool for some water and sunshine. :)


The difference between homeowners and how they cut their grass.  Ha!


House got up to 90 that afternoon with the AC on the blink.


Isn't this a pretty shot taken from my front porch.  The moon sliver in the twilight.



My cat sleeps in the oddest places.


Max - 14 1/2 years old.


Friday, the inspection company I have worked for over ten years contacted me and asked if I could take a job that the current inspector quit.  I did even though it was 45 min from my house.  It was in a town called Jax Beach.  What a great town!  Such a Florida beachy vibe for sure!








The apartment building that I took photos of was two blocks from Jacksonville Beach so of course I had to check it out!
















Lots of people on boards waiting to catch a wave.









On the way home, I stopped for more hangars and got the rest of the fruit bars that were on sale for $1 a box!


What a good deal for a cool summer treat!



When I got back from the job/beach, I fried some of the mush-mmm!  Then had some trouble uploading the job photos.  Finally got it done, did some blog posts, and organized photos on my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment