Saturday, July 22, 2023

That Day and the Future

This day, 2019, is the day we left Reno, NV.  Our home.

And since then, I haven't truly felt like I was home.  

Ohio.  Oregon.  Florida.  

There is a big void in my life and I feel it deeply.

Not because of the actual physical state we live in or the home. 

 Home was Sierra View Baptist Church and the life we lived through the church.

I hope to find it once again.  The children of Israel wandered for forty years in the wilderness.  I feel as if I have been wandering.  

You may be wondering why I have a photo of boxes in this post.  These are the packing boxes that I set out for the garbage to be picked up. And for some reason, I literally felt it ripping my heart in two to get rid of them.  Why?  They are just literally pieces of cardboard.  Some of those boxes have moved our family in several moves.  All the way back to Reno.

All the way back home.

I almost went out several times that night to take them back into the garage the next morning.  Why?  Somehow throwing those dumb boxes away was to me throwing away a reminder of home - that place that I haven't felt in a long time.

I really haven't figured out all that was God's plan for us.  I don't know when I will reach The Promised Land - home.  But I do know it is all in God's time.  In His way.

No comments:

Post a Comment