Tuesday, July 11, 2023

My Week: July 3-8, 2023

 It's already a new week and a new month!  Hello, July!

This Monday was a very busy one!  We were up at 2:30am to leave at 3:15am for the airport.  Autumn flew out of Jacksonville Airport at 6am to go to Portland, OR.  She will stay a few days with my sister and family and then will be leaving on the 5th for Hungary and her mission trip.  At the airport, we got her checked in and then to the security checkpoint.  We then left the airport and started for Pensacola.  I took Sierra to Pensacola Christian College for a week of camp.  They host NEXT Summer Camps and have many different categories from basketball and volleyball to criminal justice and education.  Sierra will be doing Writing for her week of camp.  I will go back Friday to pick her up.











We arrived in Pensacola around 11am.  (We had to stop and sleep at a rest stop because I was so tired from not much sleep that night before.)  We had Chick-Fil-A there on campus and then went to registration at noon.  We got her room assignment (they stay in the college dorms) and took her stuff to her room.  We went to the campus post office, went to the campus store, and got a free gift from the college.  I took off at 1pm because I had a five-hour drive back to get home.

The ride home was good.  I talked to my sister for 15 minutes, my daughter for 45 min, my husband for 30 min and my parents for an hour.  I got 8 miles from home and got behind a very bad car accident and was almost an hour longer to get home.

It was so good to be able to drive my daughter to the campus!  I am so glad we live so close now!

Tuesday, July 4th, 2023 - I was up early cause when you get old-you can't sleep in!  I made egg salad for sandwiches, grapes, chips, cubed white cheddar cheese, and summer sausage for a picnic lunch.  We met our friends, the Martins, at Anastasia State Park.  We ate and then went down to the beach and the Atlantic Ocean.  It was our first time going to the Atlantic!  The water was a lot warmer than I expected.  And it wasn't as windy as the Pacific always seems to be.  We enjoyed the water and then the sand.  On the way home, we stopped at a little coffee shop in Green Cove Springs for ice cream treats.

Wednesday, July 5th - Trying to remember what day it is of the week!  Tuesday, I told Eric something about church tomorrow and he looked at me strange and said tomorrow isn't Sunday.

I took the morning and cleaned and did laundry.  Summer and I went to Home Depot for paint, paint thinner, and weed killer.  I then painted Summer's bedroom.  She picked a very light blue called Iceberg.

I talked to Autumn for a few minutes and the team flew out on their way to Hungary today.  Please keep them in your prayers as they travel and minister these two weeks.

I also was able to talk to Sierra during some free time - she is at camp this week.  Pray as God is working on her heart.

For dinner, we had corn dogs and fries.

Thursday, July 6 - I worked on some paperwork, office items around the house.  I spent some extra time with Addie.

For dinner, we had sausage, potato, and kale soup.

Friday, July 7 - Summer and I left at 5:30am for Pensacola.  When we arrived, we got to sit in the Writer Showcase.  It was the time when the teens who attended the Writers Camp read their poems or short stories.  It was fun to hear Sierra read her short story.  She also won a little trophy for the most original storyline.  We got to meet her new friends and her counselor, Olivia.  We left at about 1:45pm for home.

Saturday, July 8 - We did a day outing at the Kingsley Plantation.  I will share those photos separately.  It was so muggy.  We had lunch at Chowder Ted's.  Addie then went to work 4pm-1am and Summer went to a t-shirt tie-dye party for the girls going to summer camp in a week.

I'll add photos later.  I'm never going to catch up on blogging.  Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment