Thursday, July 13, 2023

Grandma Holt...12 Years

This month every year, I always remember my Grandma Holt.  She passed away twelve years ago in 2011.  So many childhood memories centered around her.  Many days when I'm walking, I think of those memories and they make me smile.

Getting soft serve ice cream cones with Krunch Kote at Double D Dairy Bar.  Grandma would make sure we brought big cups so we could turn it upside down into it and eat it that way.

Riding our bikes to the cemetery.  I just love those back roads in the country.  I miss them.

Playing all her board games at the kitchen table.  She loved her games.

Watching the TGIF shows on Friday nights.

Simple meals at her house.  Canned peaches and plums that she put up.  Roastin' ears, as she called them, from her garden.  Cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Sun tea from the front step.

Her faithfulness to her church.  

Her big pocketbook held little things for us to see inside it that only Grandma had.

Her Aqua Net hair spray at her mirror.

She used Era laundry detergent.  Everything had a good smell.  It was the smell that only Grandma's house has to this day.  I honestly think I can smell it if I think hard enough.

Her cup of peach tea in her orange and green Tupperware mugs.

I could go on and on.  The littlest memories are still there inside my head.  How I wish I could live them all again.

I miss you, Grandma.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment