Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Discouraged, Defeated and Depleted

What just happened?  I still am not sure.


Sierra View Baptist Church had our Grand Opening service in our new facility...and 191 people showed up! It. Was. Insane.  Just two months ago on January 5th, we broke our attendance record with 147 people. And Sunday, 191.  Wow.  Remember my recent post...it is just God?  It is.

And yet...can I be open and honest from my heart...I was almost discouraged today.  Discouraged?  That doesn't make any sense.  No, it doesn't.  

You see, when you work and give...and give...and give...you become depleted.  
Empty.  In the negative. Every morning, the depletion begins.  I have five girls ranging in ages from 11 months to 10 years that pull from my time and energy.  And as a pastor's wife, I have many more that pull and need my time and attention as well.  
That is a lot of giving.  

So today...after a very long weekend of giving nearly 12 hours each day...
I found myself discouraged, defeated, and depleted.  
I plugged in my ear buds and listened to a very encouraging Bible lesson on my I-Phone while I did my housework.  I took several minutes...with a cup of coffee and half a muffin...closed my bedroom door and read Isaiah 1.  
I meditated and just absorbed it.  I just needed to replenish and rejuvenate my soul and spirit.

Where are you at today?  What situation or person is draining you and your spirit?  

Get alone with God.  Fill your soul back up to the top with HIM.  With His love, His comfort, His peace.

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading this and to know it is human to feel du dicouraged, depleted and defeated. It's helpful to be reminded of Who to go to and how to find the much needed comfort. Enjoyed reading this today. Really needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Cannot imagine a day without the Lord having first place....oh wait, yes I can bc I've been there.....gonna probably be there again numerous times throughout my Christian life bc I'm human. A day w out the Lord stinks! Lol

    ReplyDelete