Thursday, November 20, 2014

Becoming an Infectious Person

"Hey, I just got to the church and it is flooded.  There is standing water in the hallway and auditorium."  These are the words I heard over the phone yesterday morning.

"I'll be right down."  I was typing out my Thanksgiving grocery list and was heading out to do my shopping for our Thanksgiving meal.  


Instead, I spent the entire day with a Shop Vac and carpet cleaner in hand.  

Stress.  You will have it daily in your life.  You will respond to it.  So what will my response be?  

You see, I was contagious.  We all are. Did my husband need me to be negative and down at that time?  Absolutely not.  I could have easily infected him with a bad attitude, woe is me emotion.  He really didn't need that.

Sundays.

It is hard to maintain that smile...that joyful spirit...that contagious happy attitude when you get up to sing in the choir and the sea of faces is frowns.  People, you are contagious!  

Try it this Sunday at your church.  See how many people you can infect with your smiles and laughter!  Smile at Bro. Josh...smile at the choir...smile at Pastor!  Infect those around you with happiness and joy!

"But Rebekah, I have a lot going on right now."  Cool.  Sweet.  Awesome.  DROP IT AT THE DOOR.  Leave your worries, cares, sadness, despondency in your car before you walk in God's house.  You have a job to complete.  To infect as many people as you can with the love and joy of Christ.  

You will be surprised what a difference you can make.


No comments:

Post a Comment