Saturday, November 29, 2014

Holiday Traditions - Trees!

 Day after Thanksgiving is our family's tradition to put up the Christmas tree.  :)  Since we have lived in Nevada, we also began cutting down a tree as well.  Here, you purchase a permit for $10 and you are able to go in designated parts of the wilderness and cut down your tree.  I love it!  I always wanted that experience as a kid to go traipsing through the woods to find that perfect tree to cut down and take home.  
It is just a neat experience.  We saw three different herds of deer along the way.  Awesome!  And check out the view!
 My husband always lets me pick out the tree and I usually go with my first choice. :)  We both saw the same tree and agreed we both like this one!  We always have put the tree inside; however, I made a decision that now our real tree will be on our deck.  
 After our trek to the woods, we came home to decorate Old Faithful.  My husband and I's very first Christmas tree as a married couple thirteen years ago in Cedar Lake, IN.  It was a 6 ft. tree and the most we could afford.  Maybe some day we will upgrade and get a newer and bigger model.  But we will always have her as well.
Eggnog (can not decorate with eggnog in the Tastet home!), Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey, mashed potatoes and noodle gravy, stuffing, mac and cheese, creamy cranberry salad and pie...lots of pie :) and "It's a Wonderful Life".

Thanks for sharing our traditions with us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment