Friday, November 14, 2014

Kids and Church Choir


There is something about watching your children take steps as they grow in the Lord and serve Him.  I have seen kids from Christian families that never take an interest in the Lord and it saddens me. 

Recently, my daughter asked Jenny, our pianist, when she would be allowed to join the church choir.  7th grade was the answer.  Then it was changed to 6th grade if their parent also sang in the choir.

My daughter was so happy!  She immediately begin putting together her choir notebook, asking questions, making sure she had the right songs.  I loved it.

It is important that you are instilling in your children the desire to serve God.  Why?  You don't reap the same season you sow.  I want teen daughters that are beautiful inside with a heart for God.  I want girls who desire to serve in their church with their pastor dad and pastor's wife mom.  I want teen daughters that own this thing called the Christian life.  If I want this result in my teen daughters, I have to invest in my 4 yr. old now.

Addie is 11 yrs. old and the 6th grade.  I don't have much time left to sow before she reaches the teen group.  

Parents, I encourage you to invest in those little people now.  Invest a love and desire to serve God.  Sunday School teacher, don't waste your influence.  Make it count.


Addie is the young lady with glasses in the center.  She plays the piano and also is a helper in the church nursery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment