Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What I Got from the 30 Day Praise Challenge

In my ladies Sunday School class, I taught on praise.  I challenged them to take the 30 Day Praise Challenge.  You can find the book The 30 Day Praise Challenge here.  


The 30 Day Praise Challenge
Challenge:  To spend 20 minutes a day intentionally praising God for 30 consecutive days.

1. Intentionality. - Praise on purpose!
2. Praise music that prompts you to worship.
3. Flexibility. - Morning, afternoon, night - Just do it!
4. A journal. - Keep record of your praise journey.

Read at least one chapter from the book of Psalms each day.  Sing, listen to or read one hymn/praise song.
Write in your journal one characteristic about God that I discover from this chapter for which I can praise God today.  Let that be the characteristic of God that you carry with you throughout the day.

I finished the challenge today.  What did it mean to me?

1.  It made me slow down.  When your mind is so busy with what's next, it takes that 20 minutes to really slow down and get your mind focused on Him.
2.  It kept me consistent in my praise life.  If you have trouble with being consistent in your devotional life, journal.  Write it down.  Make yourself accountable!
3.  It opened my heart each day to the Lord.  How do you get close to the people around you?  Spend time with them.  You will find yourself close to the Lord just in adding 20 minutes a day to your schedule with Him.

Why don't you take the challenge today? 


No comments:

Post a Comment