Saturday, November 15, 2014

How To Plan a Chili Dinner for your Church

Last year, we held a Chili Dinner as a special Thanksgiving service for our church family.  It was a big hit and we decided to do it again this year!


You may decide to do this for your church or as a special event with family or friends.  I have included the planning sheets with all the information that will help you as you plan your event.  


You will find...

Our menu
Our order of service
List of volunteers needed for the event 
Items the church needs to purchase
A detailed sign up sheet for the meal
A floor plan of the fellowship hall

*We also create a Thankful Video for our service.  Some churches have people stand and give testimonies of what they are thankful for that year.  We ask people to e-mail five photos per family (or you could do person) and we create a video slide show that is played during our meal/service.

Last year, I worked this entire event by myself.  I cooked all the chili (that was crazy!), purchased all the items, set up and cleaned up, served the food.  With our church getting larger in size, we did a change this year.  
I want to give a big thank you to Jenny Musser for creating and organizing this event for me!  I help her brainstorm but she does the majority of the work.  Every pastor's wife needs a Jenny.  Thank you, Jenny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment