Saturday, January 2, 2016

Christmas Happenings Part 3


Sledding in the winter used to be a favorite pastime as a kid.  Biting cold air...frozen creeks...warming up by the old stove.  Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  Enjoy our sledding adventures from this week...


On Wednesday, we packed up everything to go sledding.  On the way, we stopped at the church and finished up some projects.  All the family pitched in and helped which was a blessing!  We got all the Christmas items back in the attic, chairs into the storage room, finished cleaning up various small items and then brought it the tables and chairs and set up Kid City.  I am grateful for family that doesn't care what it is - they want to pitch in and help and that means so much.

Then it was up we to Tahoe to go sledding.  It was a wonderful day weather-wise to go!  Very cold in the teens up there but at least no precip and we had sun!




Cold Lake Tahoe!


Ski slopes!






After sledding and checking out the lake, we headed home for a crawfish boil. 



I think it was one of the most fun things we did!  Everyone really enjoyed it - most of them being their first time. :)



After dinner, my husband and BIL took my FIL to the hospital.  It was found out that he had had a stroke and they kept him overnight.
My other BIL did devotions with the rest of us.

Thursday, we were supposed to go shooting out in the desert.  By the next couple photos, you will see why we didn't!  My sister had my AWD van so I had to take my husband's car to the store.  I was all over the road - even slid into the traffic.  Snow and more snow and bad roads.  So we had to forfeit our activity.
I had to go for our last minute food purchases.  I don't think I have ever spent as much on food as I did for this week. LOL!  

Then to Papa Murphey's for our Christmas Eve pizza.




This was on my way home - nearly a white out.  Crazy winter weather!
For lunch, we all had chili and quesadillas.  Good for the weather.

That afternoon, we did a lot of our food preparations for Christmas dinner.  Then we had pizza for dinner and cake for Luke's birthday.






After dinner, the kids did a play for us.




No comments:

Post a Comment