Monday, January 4, 2016

Cold Feet but Warm Hearts...My Week


A new year is upon us - 2016.  I pray yours is filled with yes, coffee, and Jesus.  Have a wonderful week, friends!

Tuesday was a hard day to jump into!  First full day after vacation time.  We went back to our normal school schedule. 



 I began cleaning the church building right away and then went to my appointment to give blood at 10:30am.  When I got back to the church, I finished cleaning.  Dropped the girls off at their piano lessons with Jenny at 1pm and then more cleaning.  Babysat Maddie from 1:30-6pm.  The highlight was Starbucks brought for my husband and I from Shaun.  Nice!


Wednesday, we did our normal day of school.  Meeting with Josh and my husband at noon.  I dropped off my daughter at youth group and the other three and I went to do some church absentee visits.  We also stopped at the Christian bookstore for supplies for the Lord's Table.  It was so cold!  Brr!  Even so, we stopped at Maverick for slurpees.  (Always get a treat when they go visiting with Mommy!)

Thursday, normal day of school.  I went to Wal-Mart getting items for us as well as items for the church.  I worked on printing and assembling more visitor packets.  Printed and folded new monthly bulletins for January.  After school, Sierra went to do more church absentee visits with me.  (Treat from McDonald's!)  Babysit Maddie from 2:30-5:30pm.  New Year's Eve but we are holiday'd out so it was just a normal night for everyone. :)  I see no point in staying up late to be tired and grouchy the next day.  Ha!  Maybe that comes from working overnights - I value sleep!!


Friday, normal day of school.  Yes, we did school on New Year's Day.  Eric, myself, Josh and Jenny did practice for Sunday's service at 9:30am.  Then the guys decided to get us four lunch at the local Mexican market down the street.  Tamales - yes!  LOL!  Some of those little markets are the best!  Then it was meet and brainstorm for our upcoming Couples Retreat.  I guess that is what church staff do on holidays.  Ha!


I got a call if I wanted to pick up a shift so that evening I worked an 8pm-8am shift for a new to me client.  That is a separate story in itself.  When my shift was nearly over, I was reading my Bible plan on my phone and these mountain bluebirds were flying up to the nearby trees and the deck.  It was so special and I savored that quiet time that God gave me with Him.  Some days, you just need that.


When I got home in the morning, my husband took the car and left for his shift at Sportsmans from 9-5pm.  The girls had created this fort.  It was pretty cute.



Before I left for work, I left plates of goodies for them (kind of a New Year treat for Friday night).  I found this in the fridge - Sierra had saved a few of her goodies for me since I had to work and miss the fun. :)



So, so cold all week. :(  It seems like my feet are permanently cold!  And my heating bill is showing they should be warm with what I am going to be paying.  Bleh.  January is my least favorite month for sure!


After a long night, a hot shower and just painting my toenails was a nice Saturday pleasure. :)


Some vegetable beef soup and grilled cheese sandwich was a yummy treat.


Then the girls and I went out for a little while.  Library stop for books and free frostys from Wendy's.


Then their free pizzas from Pizza Hut from the reading program.  Pizza Hut has the yummiest crust ever!


I even got myself a treat with one of my gift cards - caramel frap!  Mmm!


The surrounding mountains are just so majestic this time of year with the snow.


While we were out, I did some couponing at CVS.  I paid $.99 for the Dawn dish soap, $2.74 for each Maybelline mascara and $.69 each for all the Pantene hair spray, shampoo, conditioner and Tide laundry soap.  Score!


Saturday evening, Addie and I worked on our Awana at home training.  It involves watching the corresponding DVD and reading the role book/answering the questions.  It takes some time but has good helps.  I really love the Awana program.  It is excellent!

Sunday morning, I enjoyed coffee, devotions and the Sunday paper in bed.  Then it was off to get ready for church.
Papa Vern brought us two cakes for our family - that sour cream cake is amazing!!


It was a very special service where we observed the Lord's Table.  We had put a lot of time, practice and preparation into the service and it was such a blessing.  Because I sing for our service on the platform, I am able to look out in the audience and observe people.  Many times, I see people crying, holding their hands up in worship, closing their eyes.  I see people that I know may be facing a terminal illness.  I see people that I know have lost a loved one.  It is difficult to sing without crying...choking up with emotion.  These times of worship are very special.  Today...these words from one of the songs we sang just spoke to my heart...

I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me
I can only imagine I can only imagine.

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing Hallelujah will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine! I can only imagine! 

I can only imagine, when that day comes, 
When I find myself standing in the Son
I can only imagine, when all I will do, 
Is forever, forever worship You
I can only imagine! I can only imagine.

Church is very important.  In so many ways.

For lunch, we had hamburgers with avocado and swiss cheese - mmm!  Sweet potato fries too. :)  Then I worked on my coupon binder and got that done.

Then it was back for our evening service.  My daughters helped me in the nursery doing puppets and games with the kids. :)


Looking forward to a new week. :)

1 comment:

  1. So enjoy yr blog n many ideas. Love yr simple..frugal meals and ways you save. Enjoy just doing everyday life with purpose♡ lv mrs m

    ReplyDelete