Friday, January 1, 2016

What Does 2016 Hold?


Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)

A new year is upon us and of course with the new year comes new resolutions.  I am a very mission oriented personality so I love giving myself challenges and goals to fulfill.  But maybe for once, we shouldn't be so focused on reaching a goal...checking off a challenge...completing a list.

This year, I just want to deepen my relationship with Christ.  I want to be like my daughter who the other day left me a message on my cell phone.  She ended the message with "Amen".  When I got home, she tells me, "I didn't mean to say Amen at the end of the message!  I guess I am just used to praying."  LOL!  I laughed and laughed but in reality, that is kind of awesome.  A ten year old that prays a lot.  I want to be like that.  I want to talk to God all the time - I want talking to Him to be so normal that it becomes second nature.

How about you?  Are you like me?  Living the Christian life to check off duties, responsibilities...ok, just whatever I can!  Or do you need to slow down and really get to know Him again?  I'll end with this story.

Last Sunday, my eight year old daughter came to me while we were getting ready for church.  She said, "Mommy, how do I know the plan for my life?  Like, how do I know what I'm supposed to do as an adult?  Daddy is a preacher and he helps people.  What is mine?"  I replied, "Right now as an eight year old, your job is to obey Mommy and Daddy.  We will help you to do right and make the right decisions.  Then when you are an adult, God will help you to know what to do."  And right now, in the coming year of 2016, what is your plan?

It is to stay as close to God as you can.  It is all about that relationship between you and Him that only you can have.  No one in this world can have the exact same relationship with Eric Tastet as I get to have.  And no one can have the exact same relationship with God as YOU can.

So today's challenge is:  Don't make 2016 a year of goals to check off.  Although that is well and good, make your #1 priority creating that unique relationship with your Savior.  

Will you take the challenge?

1 comment: