Monday, January 11, 2016

Short Winter Days...Long Winter Nights-My Week


I'm not a fan of winter.  We don't get along.  It's not the snow - I actually enjoy driving in snow and bad weather.  I suppose that is the Midwest blood in me.  I don't like the long winter nights of darkness.  Bleh.  Once it goes dark, it is like my body says, Good night!  My function button turns off.  So here is to January going very quickly and closer to spring!!

So Monday felt like a slow start to the day.  We did school - no babysitting.  In the afternoon, my husband and I went to the chiropractor and then to the mall to just walk.  

Following the mall and a Wal-Mart stop, he dropped me off at Olive Garden for our monthly ladies fellowship.  Once a month, we meet at a restaurant or coffee shop to just hang out and fellowship.  We had a fun time as always - probably a little too much!  That's what unlimited breadsticks will do! :)


Tuesday was made a little better by my Cinnabon that I got at the mall on our date. :)  



Tuesday was also the first day for our newest addition.  This is Theodore - or Teddy.  He is 18 months old and we are now babysitting him full time.


One can't help but to like snow falling on a winter day.  Every storm we get helps our snow pack to get us out of drought.


Even though it was snowing, I went out to CVS to do some couponing.  I love CVS - they are so easy to work with.  I won't go back to Walgreens.  They have so many policies and little catches that they make it impossible to do anything.  I am a CVS fan!

I got my TP - it is the only brand I buy that will last in our house.  Any other we go through a roll a day!  I got these for $4.39 each pack.  They are $9.49 at Wal-Mart so that is awesome!


You can also get great deals on make-up if you use coupons and take advantage of Extra Bucks.  I got these Revlon products - liquid eye liner, lip gloss and lipstick.  $2.36 each!


Wednesday, we had a little peek of the sun before the clouds and snow came back.  This was part of the sunrise.
School, babysitting Teddy.  Another trip to CVS and Wal-Mart. :)


I hit up the clearance at Wal-Mart for Christmas items.  100 count white lights are $.62, wrapping paper (90 ft) was $.60 and 32 Christmas cards are $.71.


At CVS, I got the cereal for $1.24 (good kind!), Folgers $6.99 (cheaper than usual Wal-Mart), Colgate - $.99, Air Wick (for church supply day) - $1.17 each and Tresemme and Dove shampoo and conditioner  - $.63 each (awesome!).

Finish school, babysat Maddie, and made dinner/dishes.


I tried a new recipe - Rosemary Butternut Squash Lasagna.  Yum!  My husband and I really enjoyed it!  It tastes filling without all the calories.  I used frozen squash which made it super easy.
You can find the recipe


We then had our monthly administration meeting at the church from 4-6pm.  Fog was crazy on the way home!  

Thursday, school, babysitting Teddie and Maddie.  



I really love seeing my girls using the Bible app on their tablets. :)


Thursday, more snow!  We are glad for every snowflake. :)


But it is also nice to see sunshine on these winter days!


Working hard at school - exams, quizzes, tests.


While at Wal-Mart getting lights on clearance for the church, I had to take in the garden items coming out!  I love it all!


Dinner was easy - green chili chicken tacos - throw it in the crockpot in the morning and it is done!


Finally, Friday!  This was a longer week.  We have school and babysitting.
I decided to get a treat for lunch.  Mmm!


Every day. :)


Afternoon sunshine.  Love!

Saturday was laundry, ironing, housework, errands.  I think Saturdays should be spent like my dog.  Ha!  Blanket and stuffed animal!


We then spent time at the Benninger's home for church finances.  On the way home, we had a late date lunch at a little place - Jalapenos.  Cheap food and yummy!


A fun little thing I am doing is getting a cute coffee cup for each holiday/season.  Since Christmas is over, I picked up a new one for Valentine's Day for $1 at our new Dollar Tree.


Sunday was a good day.  We said goodbye to Jake and Megan - this was their last service with us at Sierra View.  They have served with us for five years and we have been blessed with their friendship.  I also subbed for the K-4/K-5 class today.  They are a good group of kids.


Lunch was the JOY group from our church at the Branding Iron Cafe.  Then back to do my Cubbies class for Awana for the evening service.   Then off to work for an 8-8 shift.

I hope you have a great week!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment