Sunday, January 3, 2016

Christmas Happenings Part 4


Christmas is always a beautiful time of family...a personal time of reflection of your relationship with the Savior...a sweet time of memories being made. Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you enjoy sharing our memories of Christmas 2015...



Christmas Day 2015 at the Tastet home. :)


My BIL, Josh, and his oldest son, Jordan.


Our second daughter, Autumn, with cousins, Evan and Melanie.


Our oldest daughter, Addie with cousin, Jack.


My husband doing the Christmas story before we open presents.  Don't mind my BIL, Adam, and his choice of blanket. :)


Our third daughter, Sierra with our dogs, Max and Belle.


Autumn with her cousin, Kylee.  They are 10 months apart.


My mom and sister, Rhoda.



My bracelet and ring from my sister and nephew, Rhoda and Jordan.  Not showing - My pearl earrings from my daughter, Autumn. :)  Both kids used their "money" they earned to buy items at the school and Awana store.  That makes it very special!


My peanut butter/chocolate whoppers and peanut butter cup from Albanese candy store from Adam and Rachel.  MMM!


The necklace from my nephew and my homemade necklace from my daughter, Sierra.  Loved it so much!


Perfume from my oldest daughter, Addie. :)


Christmas breakfast.


Cinnamon rolls.


Egg and sausage casserole.


This was where the ladies spent most of vacation!  LOL!  Cooking for 17 every meal and then cleaning up was crazy but fun!


We had planned on dinner at 2 but presents and such took so long that we moved the time to about 4:30.  While the turkey was finishing up, we spent the afternoon singing around the piano.  This is one of our favorite family activities and memories.
One of the songs we sang was a song my Aunt Sandy wrote.  While singing that, I teared up thinking of my Grandma Holt and all the memories of Christmas's at her house with all the aunts, uncles and cousins.  Those were wonderful times and we all cherish the memories.  Now we are making more memories with our families.  Never just look back - look to the future as well.  Be thankful for the past blessings but don't be afraid to make new and different memories.


Dinner was delicious!  Smoked turkey, baked ham, cottage mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, rolls, mac and cheese, 7 layer salad along with deviled eggs, peppercini-salami wraps, beef-pickle wraps, summer sausage/cheese/cracker tray, green and black olives.

For dessert, pumpkin and pecan pie with chocolate delight.


After dinner, a vicious round of Spoons.  LOL!
Saturday, we took Adam, Rachel, Mom and their kids to the airport to catch their flight.  Boo!  We hated to see them go.

We then went to Sportsman's to get my husband's Christmas present - a 9mm Smith and Wesson.


Shopping at Scheel's along with a ride on the Ferris Wheel and target shooting.




Leftovers for dinner and then turn in early that night for church the next day.


Sunday was cold!  Brr.  Regular services, lunch at Steak and Shake, football and then singing practice.


Worked the nursery for the evening service with Autumn.


Then relaxing after church learning how to play Skipbo.  I tried to catch up on some church computer work as well.


Monday, we woke up to more snow.
Josh and Rhoda left for AZ about 10:30am.  


My husband and I enjoyed a date at the truck stop - a yummy chef salad.  Good ending to vacation.  Now I can rest.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment