Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Act That Has Communal Repercussions

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)


There was a thought that I read recently that I really liked.  It said, “Though following Jesus is most often an individual act of faith, that act always has communal repercussions.”  Truth statement.

Let me tell you an amusing story.  Well, I think you will find it amusing – I didn’t so much!  We home school at the church building and one day, I was in the back warming up some leftovers for my lunch.  I grabbed the container out of the microwave and started walking.  The container was so hot that I ended up dropping it onto the floor!  No joke, the sauce from the lasagna flew up and hit me in the face.  And burned a spot right under my nose!

Really?  How does this really happen?  I guess you have to be extra talented to have that happen to you!

You see, your life and your acts of faith are like that lasagna sauce.  When you step out of faith, you are heating up the sauce!  You have put action into the equation.

Now comes the silly illustration – your faith – your lasagna sauce – is now gonna fly and hit someone else around you.  I told you it was silly but it is true.

When you step out on faith and you follow Jesus, someone will always be watching you and it will have repercussions.  Good repercussions.

Who is watching you today?  It could be someone that you have absolutely no clue is watching you.  I had a friend from college recently tell me – “Thank you for your example.  I looked up to you as someone I wanted to be like.”  I’m 38 and she just told me this – college was a few years ago now.  LOL! 

What we don’t realize is our influence has the possible implication to “splatter” far and wide – farther than we could ever imagine!  Every decision in life is a chance to influence.

So today’s challenge is:  Don’t be afraid to take that step of faith to follow Jesus.  Remember – That act always has communal repercussions!


Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment