Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January Days



Coffee is the old school energy drink.  I like coffee.  I like old school.  I like coffee cups!


Monday, my husband left early with Jake and an old college friend from Australia, Terry Jordan, to go skiing at Northstar.  We have had a great winter so far with snowfall totals in the Sierras.  I saw that Northstar has received 254 inches of snow so far this season!  If that seems unbelievable to you, their average is 350 inches of snow for a season. My husband said it was the best skiing he has done in years!  So as I watch the news about the epic blizzard in the East, I chuckle.  

Meanwhile while he was enjoying the gorgeous mountains, we were plugging away at school.  LOL! Time for another grading period to end so I spent time this week finishing those up.  


After school, Addie went with me to run a few errands.  It is nice that she sits in the car with the little ones and I can run in and do what I need to do.  I got my weekly grocery shopping done at Winco, couponing deals at CVS, returned an item at the Parable Christian Bookstore and went tanning.

I found this selfie from my teenager later on. :)



There wasn't many deals to do with the coupons I had so I bought six boxes of cereal - $1.99 each and Palmolive for $.49.


The girls wanted to make treats so they concocted these. :)


Chicken stir fry for dinner.  An old standby! You can find the recipe HERE.  


Tuesday was another storm.  Our temperatures have been warmer so we received rain in the valley.


Getting our church videos done with the husband.
Worked on grades for Summer.  Babysitting.
Beef and broccoli for dinner.  (Somehow broccoli was in every recipe this week!  LOL!)  You can find the recipe HERE.


Wednesday - much of the same.  School and babysitting. :)  We moved into the Fellowship Hall for school trying to condense our space used.  When the weather warms in the spring - we hopefully can move back to the outside classroom.


Sunshine again!  


Finishing up grades for Autumn.


Funny baby.


After school, I put together beef and tater casserole.  I was missing the french fried onions - boo!  How can I never remember where the french fried onions are in the store?  You can find the recipe HERE.

Then it was back to the church for a children's ministry meeting at 4pm.  Then back home to get ready for work. Off to work at 6pm.


Wednesday night, I took a fill-in shift for Senior Helpers from 7pm-7am.  I made it through the night with some Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and some HGTV.  :) 


So glad to be off work Thursday morning!  This was a pretty shot I took with the city...mountains and the sunrise.


Thursday was busy.  I got home, showered and got ready for the day.  School at 8:30am along with babysitting.  I had a doctor appointment at 1:40pm which my husband took children duty.  Got back about 3pm - home and then found out we were going to dinner with a couple from our church.  

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at Olive Garden with Bob, Linda and Rich.  I had the steak gorgonzola fettuccine alfredo.  Yummy!  Then home to crash. :)


Friday was school and all three kids that I babysat.  After school, we went to McDonald's with their Christmas gift cards.  The two for $2 deal is good - mozzarella sticks are yummy!




Fill up the van with gas for the week - $2.29 is our "low" price.  Dollar Tree and the library.


After the babysitting kids had left for the day, my husband and I went on our date.  Chiropractor and Red Robin.


They have a deal - two Tavern burgers and an appetizer or dessert for $15.  They were really busy and the burger was ok - a little dry.  A little disappointed but we weren't out too much I suppose.  LOL!


This looked like a rough Friday night.  LOL!

Saturday was clear but windy!  I had a lazy morning working on the computer and drinking coffee and such.  

Then it was off for the day!  Stop at Fed Ex to pick up an envelope for the church.  Baby shower for Angela at Olive Garden.  The girls were so excited to go.  As I was asking them what side they wanted with their kids' meal, Sierra asked if there was any other options besides grapes or broccoli.  "Do they have olives," she asked.  LOL!






After the shower, I stopped by Raley's to register the girls for spring softball.  With the schedule so busy with practices and games, we can only have two of our girls play at a time in one season.  Summer will be playing t-ball and Autumn will be playing 10-U.
They are doing a fundraiser if anyone is interested!  It is a very cool app for your phone with coupons for cities all over the USA.  It is only $20 and good for 12 months. :)


For dinner Saturday, it was broccoli-cheese soup and turkey bacon BLT's.


Sunday...I just love the hymns.


Sunday preparations, choir practice, praise and worship for the first part of the service, nursery duty.  Salisbury steak, baked potatoes and corn for lunch.  (The girls prepared the potatoes the night before - simply turn on the crock pot and bake!  I put the frozen salisbury steak in the second crock pot in the morning and it is ready by lunch.)
Then review lesson for Awana large group and watch the Denver game.  Back early for Awana that evening.


Not sure how the dog's leash got in my Awana tub!  LOL!
That was my week...hope you have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. I'd buy the $20 thingy. It's not good in my state, but you can give it to someone else to enjoy the discounts. Or keep it for yourself. So are BOTH girls doing the fundraiser? Would it be $40 for me to support them both? Tell Eric thank you for sharing this link. Love the pics of the girls. Autumn looks so pretty and Addie is so grown up now. Sierra looks like she is having fun and making faces. Did not see the "Beauty Queen" anywhere tho.

    Looks like Jan is going swimmingly for you all. I have seen the snowfall in the Sierra's on the news. After they lost over 3/4 of the snow pack, it was desperately needed. I also laughed at the "snowpocolypse" in the east. Even before that, less than 1 inch of snow in Wash DC shut everything down. WOW... they regularly get snow too, so that was weird. I also saw where they issued over 1,000,000 parking tickets and the only thing you could see on the cars was the driver window. They were completely covered in snow. LOL

    That is nice you post recipes for everything. Got any posts with slow cooker recipes? Jerry would love those. He does the cooking these days. I got him a crock pot. I used to have a cookbook, but gave it to someone, can't remember who. Maybe you. We did get a new one, but he's like more recipes, so let me know if you have any posts that include a slow cooker recipe.

    Have a great Feb.... Love from Grandma...Addie got her own phone she said??? WOW..cool and all that. I'll call her when she gets home or email her now.

    ReplyDelete