Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Ladies and Fellowship? Do We Have To?


Last week, some of the ladies of our church got together for some food and fellowship at Chick-Fil-A.  MMM!  It is extremely important for me to get around these ladies, be their friend and build godly friendships.  They are my sisters in Christ.

Maybe your church doesn't have many things specifically for ladies.  You can still have lunch with one of the ladies...invite a couple ladies over for coffee and cookies...hold a Bible study in your home.  It isn't how big or spectacular the ask is...it is just being a friend.

I have been working on the year for our ladies at Sierra View and I hope it will be a blessing to them.  My prayer is that many connect on a deeper level and their friendships become many.

We have a lady, Sue, who is currently holding a ladies small group - they are studying 52 women of the Bible.  Sue is a wonderful lady and I know these ladies that attend come away each week with more Bible knowledge and a bigger love for God.

This summer, I have planned to have a six week study/small group for the ladies.  I think they will glean so much from it as I just finished the book we will be doing!

We have our restaurant fellowships scheduled to yummy places like Qdoba and The Habit Grill.

We will have one month where we will do a service project - more details to come!

A few special events are up our sleeve for Mother's Day and Christmas!

And we will be going on a Women's Encounter in September!

All in all, these things are meant just to keep us busy.  They are meant to strengthen you and others.  I hope my ladies will join us in all these things and I hope you will do the same at your church this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment