Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Scars That Never Go Away


My dog has a bad habit of getting on my bed and doing the back rubbing thing that dogs do.  Because of this, we try to keep our bedroom door shut.  But it doesn't always work.  Someone will leave the door open and when no one is looking, he will sneak in.

This results in torn comforters or sheet sets.  Believe you me, it has been a thorn in my flesh dealing with that.  Last week, while I had my bedding in the wash, he went on the bed and ripped up our mattress topper - you know the squishy foam thing?  Now it looks like a lion got ahold of it with its big, ol' claws with all these marks in it.

Ugh.  You know what?  There is no way to fix it.  The damage is done and that's that.

There's probably things in your life from 2018 that caused damage to you.  To your heart, your soul, your mind.  Those memories and hurts just don't go away.  They will sit there on your bed, like my mattress topper, and stare at you and remind you.  Remind you of the scars that those hurts caused.  

No, scars won't go away.  But Jesus is there to give healing to the wounds.  "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds."  Psalm 147:3

Give your wounds to Jesus today. Yes, the scars will remain.  Let them be a reminder not of the sin that caused them but of our Savior who healed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment