Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Chicken Tortilla Bake and My New Fence



Hey!  We made it to midweek. :)  I wanted to update you from the rest of our weekend.
First, we have Max who follows me around ALL morning from the time I get up.  Here I am in our closet and he's standing right there.  Ha!


Church Sunday morning.
Then the hubby started to finish the fence he started on Saturday.


For Sunday lunch, I made Chicken Tortilla Bake.  
Here is the recipe from Taste of Home:

3 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 cans chopped green chilies - 4 oz. each
1 cup chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small onion, finely chopped
12 corn tortillas, warmed
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream and green onions, optional

In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chilies, broth, soup and onions; set aside.  Layer half of the tortillas in a greased 9x13 baking dish.  Top with half of the chicken mixture and half of the cheese.
Repeat layers.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.

Serve with sour cream, salsa, avocado, green onions, black olives - whatever you like!

*I baked covered with foil.  My preference.

I served this casserole with a Southwest salad and hominy on the side. :)

Need an easy way to cook your chicken?  
Put a couple chicken breasts in your crockpot with a couple cups of chicken broth.  Let the crockpot do the work!  When cooked through, just take out and shred and then set aside for whatever recipe you are making. :)


Had a couple of pretty chilly mornings!


Photos Monday morning of my finished fence!  Great job, babe!




Flowers from one of my bushes here.


Enjoying my new fence from my desk. :)
With some hot apple cider.


Monday - I had to go back to the bank.  They didn't issue me a debit card for our new checking account.  (Not happy having to go back after two hours there on Saturday.)
Also did a few errands I needed to get done.
Chiropractor.
House keys made at Ace Hardware.
Fred Meyer for a few things.


Took a couple photos on my way back from the chiropractor - Mt. Hood.  So spectacular!


Sierra mowing the lawn for the first time.


This is special to me.  On our trip cross country in 2019, we visited a multitude of sites from the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder.  We visited Walnut Grove, MN and the girls and I went wading in Plum Creek - the same creek where she played in as a young girl.  I bought this poster at the gift shop while in the area and I finally got it framed and up.  
Ever have something that when you look at it, it evokes all the good memories and feelings?  THIS does for me. :)



Tuesday is my grocery shopping day at Winco.  Also got pumpkins for carving for the girls.
It was a beautiful day - sat in the backyard and played with Max and then finished up nine weeks grades for Sierra and Summer.

I made ham, egg and cheese burritos for dinner. 


A few pictures from the youth activity the kids went to on Saturday evening. :)



We are having a family pumpkin carving party tonight - I'll post more pics of that tomorrow.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment