Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Midweek!

The last few days have been filled with getting little to do's done on my long list!  Making progress but it always seems there is more and more to get done!

This is the view from my desk in my bedroom.  What pretty trees!  Autumn has always been my favorite season. :)



Even little things like getting the right shower organizers for your bathroom is an accomplishment. :)


Stuffed green peppers for Sunday lunch.  They were on sale for $.38 last week. :)  I love stuffed peppers!


Taking Max on his morning walk.  Cool, dewy mornings.  Beautiful sunrise!
Had an appt. Monday morning to get our bank account set up at Wells Fargo but they couldn't do it without Eric there.  Sigh.  So we have an appt. for Saturday to get it all done.


Since we couldn't have a fridge with ice and water due to the size of the space for the in our new place, we decided to go with the five gallon jugs just for our drinking water.  We prefer the taste over tap.  So now I will be doing this every week.  LOL!  
I also made my first bottle and can return.  Here is Oregon - you have to pay extra for things like soda cans and water bottles.  Then when you return them, you get your money back with $.10 a can/bottle.  

So two new errands for me but Fred Meyer offers both and is less than a mile from my house.  


I purchased this little handy dandy dispenser on Amazon.  It is electric.  Just press the button to fill up your cup or water bottle and charges with a USB cord.  It is working just fine for us. :)  And only $12.
Again, little things to get our life and schedule all situated here in our new place.


Also got my car wash place picked out!  Kaady is a nice place to get your car washed and free vacuums.  I like their workers - they dress in black dress pants, white dress shirt and black ties.  Nice and very clean!  Buy three washes and you get one free.
I was able to get my husband's car washed and vacuumed as well as my SUV which was a disaster from the trip cross country.  Filled them both with gas and that errand and to do is done!


And then there is the DMV.  Good. Grief.  They aren't even open Saturdays.  And close at 5pm.  Not very customer friendly here.  You can only go by appointment only.  The first available appointments I could get were the end of November.  Ugh.


Monday's dinner was BLT's and broccoli cheese soup.  Mmm!


Tuesday is my grocery shopping day.  This is kind of a bad photo of the countryside on the way to Winco.  It sure is beautiful with its green rolling hills and vineyards!  I'll try to get some more and better pictures next time!


Love my Winco foods!  Also trying to get used to always bringing my own bags.  Ha!  I only had to do that for Aldi in Ohio but here - you have to bring your own bags to every store or pay for one.


Was able to pick up my candy for our church's Trunk or Treat - check that off the list!


One of the bunk bed frames came two days early yesterday and Autumn spent several hours assembling it.  She did a great job and now they can have a more organized and efficient space for her and Addie's bedroom. :)


Dinner for Tuesday was Parmesan Chicken and Crockpot Mac and Cheese.  


No comments:

Post a Comment