Saturday, October 24, 2020

Honey Beez Fries and Fence Building


Just a pretty picture from my morning walk with Max.  Yes, I walk in a cemetery.  It borders our neighborhood and is quiet, peaceful and relaxing.


My sister treated me to a lunch out on Wednesday!  A little Mexican place in Newberg - Ixtapa.  Good food and service!


Thursday and Friday, I really tried to concentrate on school and nine weeks tests.  With packing and moving and living with family and then getting our own place and trying to settle in...augh!  I needed to get somewhat settled in plus all those errands and to do's that come with moving to a new place.  Finally I feel like I can concentrate more on school.

Thursday night, we went to my sister's to all watch the Presidential debate.


Pretty sunrise Friday morning.


After tying up more loose ends...mailing a few thank you's, paying a couple bills, setting up our new home and auto insurance and canceling the old policies, and more...I sat down to do school and man did I feel wiped out.  It's been a very long time since I had a cup of afternoon coffee but I definitely was needing this one!


I mean, as long as they get their book read, right?  LOL!


Made a shredded teriyaki sandwich with mayo, colby cheese, red onion, tomato, romaine and avocado on a chewy Panera bread.  Steak fries on the side for dinner. Yummy!


Saturday morning, hubby and I hit up our local Ace Hardware and lumber lot for supplies for a part of our fence we are rebuilding.  I have to say this Ace is pretty unique.  I mean, most Ace Hardware's have a little bit of everything but this one really does and it has some really nice items!

Then at 10am, we had an appointment at the bank to get our accounts set up.  Since we had many to get going - it took two hours.  Augh!  But at least it is done.







Then it was time to start on the fence.  While Eric was doing that, I tried to tackle some of the vegetation.  





I have a long way to go but it is a small start.  And it is late fall so not much I can do anyway.


Start of the new part of the fence and gate!



Since the three oldest went to a youth activity and Summer went to Rachel's to hang out with Jack, Eric and I went on a date to the Honey Beez food truck here in Newberg.  My sister had recommended the Bees Fries and boy, were they good!


Fresh cut fries topped with smoked pulled pork, cheese, a pinch of mango slaw, and green onion.  Topped with sweet chili mayo, siracha ketchup and Honey Beez sauce.

Will definitely get this again!

Super chilly today -- ready to get to my nice, warm bed! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment