Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Autumn's 15th Birthday in 2020


This post is of Autumn's 15th birthday back on September 24, 2020.  

It was a difficult birthday, I know, for my daughter.  Turning 15 and we were pretty much alone there in our part of the world in Toledo, OH.  Her dad was living across the country.  We were six days away from moving to a new state, a new home.  Everything was pretty much packed up.  We didn't have any contact from the former church family - pretty much the only people we knew.  The few friends we had in Ohio.  I tried to make it special.  But as a mom, you know it is lacking.  

So this photo means a lot to me.  It captured a moment of my four girls in a moment of joy and happiness.  Something that felt rare in those last weeks in Ohio.  I'll always treasure this photo.  Always.





Autumn Joy, I truly hope that your next birthday will be a better memory.  I love you so much and you are a joy in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment