Sunday, February 7, 2021

One Year in Heaven - Charlie Gieseler

 

A year ago today, we lost this dear man, Charlie Gieseler.  Bro. Charlie is my sister, Rhoda's, father-in-law.

Bro. Charlie had battled cancer and his body couldn't fight no more.  On this day, I felt an urging for my husband and I to go visit him as he was on hospice care.  We knew there wasn't much time left.

We sat and visited with his family.  His sons, Jake and Josh.  Wife, Glenda.  Daughters, Jessica and Janelle.  Son in law, Marcus.  Bro. Charlie had been unresponsive by this time.

I sat by him and squeezed his arm.  A shell of the man he used to be.

As we were visiting, he left this earth to his heavenly home.  Tears filled our eyes as we held each other.

We all miss this dear Christian man who was such a rock for this family.  God is so good and we are grateful for Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment