Thursday, February 4, 2021

First Trip to Reno!

Remember the snow Tuesday?  Here are my perennials popping up and ready to bloom!  LOL! 

Wednesday was a pretty normal day of working on school and housework.  Made one of my favorites - 

Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.  Soup and sandwiches are always good for a winter day!


Thursday - busy day for me accomplishing things before I had to leave Friday for Reno.  Groceries, school, cleaning, laundry, packing, organizing. 
Max wondering what I am cooking.  LOL!


For dinner, I made 

BLT's with turkey bacon and broccoli-cheese soup.

Friday, Autumn, Summer and I left around 5:45am for Reno.  We needed to begin working on my father-in-law's home cleaning it out.



Gorgeous start to the day!





It was hairy going over the pass on our way to Reno.  They had received a lot of snow that week and the roads were still snow packed and slick.




I was glad to get out of Oregon and into California!  Felt like home just seeing this landscape. :)


Autumn got several hours of drive time in with her new permit.  Yay!






Gorgeous day to drive!  Blue skies, sunshine, white puffy clouds, snow covered mountains.

Made it to Nevada!

Good ol' HOA still not plowing the neighborhood.  Nothing changed here!

My father-in-law's home.

Nevada sunset.

First order of business Friday afternoon/evening when we arrived was to shovel out the sidewalk and driveway!




The girls wanted Dickey's for dinner.  Our old stomping grounds. :)  Dinner was delicious - pulled pork, baked potato casserole, okra, dinner roll.  Mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment