Sunday, June 8, 2014

Our Lancaster Trip - Day 1


My husband and I are on our yearly get-away to Lancaster, California.  This is our third year attending the Spiritual Leadership Conference at Lancaster Baptist Church - Pastor Paul Chappell.  We are looking forward to a wonderful time renewing our hearts and souls.

I thought I would share some of our trip with you.  We left Saturday morning at 4:50am.  The drive was pretty uneventful minus a stop at Denny's for a Fit Fare Omelet.  :)  I do so enjoy the beautiful flowers along the highway like you see above.


We drove straight to LA - Los Angeles.  I did that is...California drivers remind me of Chicago drivers.  Good grief!  Our plan was to do an iconic hike up to the famous Hollywood sign.  We didn't make it all the way to the top - the paths weren't marked and we ended up taking the path in front of the sign which doesn't take you up to the sign.  But that was OK.  We got in a good workout of six miles and enjoyed a long talk. :)


The view of the city from the top - a tad smoggy.  LOL!


My Hollywood star. ;)

After the hike, we decided not to fight the LA traffic so we headed to Palmdale.  Had a tasty dinner at Red Lobster using gift cards a friend gave us.  A fun and enjoyable day!

No comments:

Post a Comment