Monday, June 30, 2014

The One Item to Add to your To-Do List Today

Monday...the beginning of a new week.


My project list seems to be getting longer this summer instead of shorter...today, I want to buff our floors and replace screens in some of our windows.  Clean the house...laundry...grocery shopping.  My to do list never ends.

But there is one to do list that I don't want to forget.  
The one labeled "Others".

That is why I have four precious kids coming for swimming and a sleepover tomorrow.  That is why their mom and more friends are coming for dinner tomorrow night.  This family is moving to Alabama next Wednesday.  To say we will miss them is a great understatement.  

So even though I am supposed to be painting my bedroom (I know, Jenny!! :) and staining and sealing my deck...that can wait.  

Others.  

Challenge:  Write your to do list for today.  Include one thing for someone else.  

Make cookies for a neighbor.
Watch someone's kids while they have a little mom time.
Write a thinking of you note with a $5 gift card tucked in it.
Invite a senior saint to dinner.

What one thing will you do today...for others?

No comments:

Post a Comment