Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Difference Between Praying and Praying Aloud

I am missing my girls.  Not the fights and squabbles.  Not all the laundry and dishes.  But I miss them.  Today we leave Lancaster and the Spiritual Leadership Conference to go home.  And one thing that the Lord impressed upon my heart was one area with my children.


Do my children hear me pray?  Is this one area that when they become adults, they will look back and say, I remember hearing Mom pray.  I know as a testimony to my parents...I heard them pray a lot.  Still do.  

I can only imagine the influence on a child's life if they heard their parent pray for them to marry a godly, Christian spouse.  
I can only imagine the influence on a child's soul if they heard their parent pray for their salvation.  
I can only imagine the influence on a child's heart if they heard their parent pray for their fears and insecurities.

So, I have determined to concentrate on two things with my children.

1.  Pray aloud with them and for them.
2.  Ask them if they have any prayer requests, record them in my prayer journal and pray for their needs.

How important it is for our children to have praying parents!
Perhaps, it may be the difference of who they will marry, the choice to stay in church as an adult, the decision to have a relationship with Christ because it is their heart's desire.  The difference could be eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment