Wednesday, July 9, 2014

How to RePurpose Old Decor

Repurposing Old Decor

*By:  Mrs. Jenny Musser*

Josh and I have been working hard these last few weekends in our backyard getting things crossed off our list of projects.  One thing on my list was to decorate our back patio.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this so I looked through the garage to see if I could repurpose anything by spray painting it a bright color. 


I had a metal tree that had been out in the sun and was faded.  I also had a tray, an urn and a wall hanging. They were all metal so they would be great for outside.  


So a coat of bright spray paint gives new life to these old items.  My favorite spray paint is Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover 2X which is about $4 a can.  If you do a lot of spray painting, you have to get one of these spray guns for $7 at Home Depot..no more getting spray paint all over your fingers!  Before you paint, just make sure you clean whatever you plan on painting!  


Happy Repurposing!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment