Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Our Deck Build - Making Your Home a Special Place


I wanted to share our deck build and makeover. :)


These hanging baskets are so pretty.  



I found this bistro set on clearance at Wal-Mart.  It is a great place to have a cup of coffee and read your Bible.


This was our home before we bought it.  Much potential and much to be desired! 


For several years, I had my tomato plants on this side of the house.  This was two years ago - the girls looking at the worms. :)



This is what it looked like before the deck on the right. :)


My husband first built a privacy fence.







Jake Allen, one of the men in the church, orchestrated the building of the deck and really made this project happen for us.  


When we came back from Spiritual Leadership Conference, Jake has finished the deck.


My husband left for Alaska and I was able to put on the sealant.



I found this bench on Craig's List and painted it.  Jenny helped me pick out the colors and she suggested yellow and I loved it!  Yellow is my favorite color - bright, cheery and happy. :)


One of my favorite things I did was this project - my jar solar lights.  (Stay tuned to the next blog post for details!)



At night, my deck has a warm and inviting glow.  It is a great place to enjoy the evening cool air, look at the stars and relax.


The solar jars add the nostalgia of a country place to our deck.  I just love them!  




What a transformation!  Yes, hours of work together this year.  But what a great thing to make home a special place.

It is not hard to make a place that you can enjoy.  A can of paint, a few bright pillows, canning jars and solar lights and pretty flowers.  

After six year, we had our little dream come true through hard work and saving.

Home sweet home. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your new patio. Love those flowers too. I have been doing that for years. It is so nice for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and if you have a warm winter they will last until Veterans Day. I love to be patriotic. Great job Becky. Aunt Connie

    ReplyDelete