Sunday, August 3, 2014

Saturday - Tahoe Weddings and Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor


Friday night, I surprised my husband with tickets to see Tim Hawkins.  We met up with the Allens and the Maxwells from our church.  It was awesome!  We laughed until we cried.  So, so funny!


After the show, we got our room at the Hampton Inn and Suites.  I am a little hotel snob - I love only the Hamptons. :)  We had a wonderful night - we slept in and had a delicious breakfast and oh so good coffee downstairs.  (I am in love with their coffee.)  Checked out at noon and headed to Lake Tahoe where my husband was doing a wedding.
We were looking for a Panera Bread for lunch and we both saw this place and said, "Let's go there!"


It was Ferrell's Restaurant and Ice Cream Parlor.







It was such a fun place and so cheery!  The waiters and waitresses were dressed in an old fashioned ice cream parlor way.  The food was delicious!  I had this Harvest Salad and it was literally the best I ever had.  It is fun to find gems along the way and make memories.



We then made it to the Northstar resort on Lake Tahoe.  The wedding was on top of the mountain so we rode a gondola up the first half and then an actual open ski chair lift for the second half!  That was fun!  And the views were gorgeous.



The ceremony was held outside then appetizers were served on the deck.  The actual dinner was inside the lodge.


It was just beautiful.







My husband did a great job on the ceremony - he always does!  We enjoyed a crazy delicious dinner of filet mignon and soaked in this.  Yep, it was a great ending to our get-away. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment