Tuesday, August 26, 2014

When Your Schedule Is Overwhelming You...

When you don't think you can, that is the time to do it.


In the last couple months, my schedule has really turned me for a twist and turn.  And honestly, some days, I almost feel lost.  Like there is just too much to handle and juggle that it makes it hard to even focus.

My work schedule has just been a mess.  Different hours and days each work - no consistency.  Except it feels I am always there and not home!

We added two more large elements to our ministry.  Four adult Sunday School classes - one which I now teach.  Being a Sunday School teacher is a huge responsibility!  It is not just showing up with a lesson on Sundays at 9:45am.  It is investing in the lives in your students.  We also added our Wednesday evening programs.  Huge, huge, huge.  It was doubling what we currently had.  

The tendency is to pull back and think about me, me, me.  "I can't do it.  I don't have the time."

How about putting faith in God for your schedule?  

I tend to put much faith in God for material things.  And many times, 
things happen that I wasn't really even praying specifically for...but something THAT I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT.

For instance, our family could use a larger dining room table.  There are six of us and we had a four seater table.  I had thought about getting a larger table...checked Craig's List...yet with many other things demanding your money, it wasn't a priority.  Saturday, we were given a dining room table from a sweet lady in our church.  God knew my thoughts.  He blessed my faith.

We have a fridge in our garage that my FIL's neighbor gave us around five years ago.  It is so nice to have an extra fridge with a big family.  However, it started making noise, quit and then froze up.  I was a little sad but it wasn't a necessity.  I thought about it but that was it.  Just yesterday, another couple-friends of ours-gave us a fridge that we put in our garage.  God knew my thoughts.  He blessed my faith.

You see, we can do the same with our time.  
Do you trust God to expand your time and make your schedule work?  
Sometimes, we don't take the time to give to others because we are focused on our schedule.  
Try giving up your time to do something for someone else today. 
 Let God work out the kinks.  I know that is what I am going to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment