Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I Choose Facing the Giants...

Last night, we had our last Family Movie Night at our church for our Family Emphasis Quarter.  My husband and I originally planned to watch Mercy Rule with Kirk Cameron.  After watching it at home, my husband said to me, "I was disappointed.  They didn't say anything about God.  It was all about them working it out in their own way."  We then decided to watch Facing the Giants instead.



While watching Facing the Giants last night, I thought about the difference in the main characters of these two movies.  They both go through extremely difficult personal situations yet handle them in two completely different ways.  The son in Mercy Rule tried to figure out why the coach wouldn't play him.  It came down to him needing to play as a team player and not just for himself.

Good stuff.  I don't deny that.  Team players are extremely important in families, corporations and yes, churches!  

Then you saw in Facing the Giants...another group of players.  Yet this coach emphasized God.  They would and could do nothing without God.  It wasn't about being a team and working together.  It was about depending on God for their strength and ability.  
It was about getting God on your team!

I got goosebumps.  I cried many times.  That movie just gets me.  God is all over in every facet of their lives.

And facing your fears and giants.  Both men in the movie faced losing their jobs.  Big life stuff.  How do I handle the big life stuff?  Last night, I woke up thinking and worrying about some big stuff.  It was a great reminder to me to handle it like Coach.  
I can't control the big things.  HE CAN!

Pray.  Give it to God.  And expect great miracles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment