Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"Man Should Find Nothing After Him"

I have been doing a Bible reading plan on Fear.  Monday, my husband and I were sitting on our deck on the porch swing having our coffee and chatting.  I read this verse and it just jumped out at me.


Ecclesiastes 7:14  "In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him."

I pondered this verse - it intrigued me.  

God brings about days of prosperity as well as adversity.  Days of smooth waters and days of storms.  Days of laughter and nights of tears.  

And guess who is at the end of it all?  God.  Do we have to seek for anything or anyone?  Just God.  He is the answer for the end of every question.

I find this very comforting.  For I always know where to find the answer.  
I can know in good times and bad...the answer is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment