Tuesday, September 2, 2014

One Tip To Getting More Done Consistently In Your Week

Happy September! 
 

I am one of those weirdos that don't really care for the summer months and are glad once they are over. Don't hurt me!

Maybe I just like routine and summer throws off routine big time.  

So, I thought I would throw a tip out there that I am trying.  When I shared it with my husband, he said, "You should share that on your blog!"  So here it is...

My best way that I work is with a Daily To Do List.  The night before, I take my single subject notebook and write out my list for the next day.  

I found though that there are daily tasks that I tend to do first and foremost.  Like my housework.  Maybe because I have a hard time sitting down working on desk work when I can see I need to run the vacuum.  I do work best in a clean and uncluttered space.  

Yet, other things, like desk/office work will go undone for days.  So, I thought...how about scheduling only the things that I struggle getting done?  

If I purposely schedule that item for a specific day and time each week, it will force me to tackle that task and complete it.  

Making myself sit down is harder than I thought!  I am still tweaking the schedule. And I am not always going to be able to stay completely on schedule.  But it is worth a try.  

It's gonna be a great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment