Friday, September 26, 2014

Is Your Life Drought and Fire?


Yesterday, we took friends from Indiana that were in Reno on their honeymoon up to Lake Tahoe.  He is not able to drive because of seizures and she was not comfortable driving in the mountains.  So a day trip it was!


The main site we went to see was Emerald Bay and Eagle Falls.  Usually this area is rushing with water.  Yet there was none.  Many months of drought...a couple winters of just not enough snow.





And then the fires...this is the Cascade Fire near Emerald Bay.  Smoke...drought.

Sometimes, I feel like this in my life.  There are periods of drought.  Financially, emotionally, spiritually, physically.  There are times the fire hits your life and you may feel that you won't survive.   The smoke is choking out clarity in the situations in your life.

Sometimes, you may not have answers.  Other people may not even have the answers.


But then in those times of drought and fire, I think of these verses:

"I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah."  Psalm 143:6

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;"  Psalm 63:1

"For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:" Isaiah 44:3

And just after we saw the smoke from the fire...and the dry land where the waterfall used to be...it started raining.  It was like God was saying...I know your soul is thirsty.  Here is water for your thirsty soul.

Seek Him.  The drought may last for a season but God will send the rain again.  The smoke may cloud your life for a period.  Then God will blow it away and make things clear.  Wait on Him.  He is good.  He is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment