Monday, March 30, 2015

A New Normal

Things have been a slow go since Wednesday with our house.  The electrician did come on Friday but did not complete the job yet.  Today is three weeks since we moved into the hotel and we hope to get back home soon.  We know we still have a ways to go.  


The message my husband preached this Sunday fit in well with our situation...A New Normal.  I feel that we have had to do that for the past three weeks. 

He encouraged you to do three things when your life changes:
1.  Mourn.  Grieve.
2.  Stop grieving!
3.  Get up and claim the Promised Land!

My situation is nothing.  Minimal.  Just a little inconvenient and throws me off my groove.  That's all.  Maybe you have a situation that has really thrown you into a place where YOU need to find a new normal.  Mourn over your loss. Stop grieving.  And get up and claim the new normal!

Saturday, my husband and I were so encouraged by all those who came out for Community Outreach. Community Outreach is one Saturday a month - we pass out church postcard invitations in surrounding neighborhoods.  This Saturday, we passed out 1,000.  It was great to see new faces that had never come before but wanted to get involved.

We also had two softball practices and a baby shower.  Two of the girls went on a sleepover and two went to work with their dad at the church so I had a little quiet time by myself!

My work schedule has now changed - again.  LOL!  So last week was the first week of the new hours and days.  I now do three nights - 9pm-9am - Mondays through Wednesdays.  The first of the week will be a little tiring but I did enjoy having the rest of the week off. :)  

Sunday, we had a delicious lunch made for us by Tracy Cook.  Tater tot casserole, a salad and a cinnamon cake dessert.  Very delicious!  Thank you, Tracy!  I did go home to plant my vegetables and water the lawn and check on the dogs for part of the afternoon.  

This week will be busy with Easter preparations.  Lots to do!  I hope you have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment