Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Weekend Recap-Teen Rally and Dishwashers

What a busy but good weekend!  We are blessed to have the opportunity to serve the Lord.
Saturday, we had our fourth annual teen rally.  It was held at North Valleys High School.  We had 45 teens attend and three teens accepted Jesus as their Savior!  Yes, there was fun and games...but the most important was the preaching of the Word of God.  Words that have the power to change and transform lives.  We are grateful to West Coast Baptist College who came and sang for the rally.  We also appreciate Eric Goetsch who preached for the rally.  He and his wife, Lexa, were a blessing to our church.
Saturday was two softball practices...getting a quote on some bathroom work...childcare for the teen rally and work that night.



A friend gave me my first plants for my raised garden beds.  Neat!  I am looking forward to getting them in the ground. :)


Another birthday present from a friend.  I love spring scarves!


A gift from my secret sister! :)


My new skirt from my sister for my birthday! :)  


Part of the West Coast singing group.  This is them singing Sunday morning.


Sunday afternoon, I spent working at our house doing some moving, cleaning and watering the lawn.  Thank you to Jessica who made our family Taco Soup and chocolate cake for our lunch. :)


My lilac bushes are starting to bloom. :)

Monday was school and catching up on laundry.  Swimming and beef stroganoff with caesar's salad for dinner.  I brought back the laundry from our house so I had quite a bit but got it all done.  I also did a few errands - gas, ATM, and bought our new microwave oven and dishwasher!  I am a "little" excited about that.  Ha!  In all the years I have been married, I never had or used a dishwasher.  Our house did not have a dishwasher, however, when we were talking with our contractor - he mentioned they would put it in the plans if we wanted to purchase one.  I have to say...that sounded very inviting!  There are seasons in one's life that any small thing to make life easier really makes a big difference.  I think I am in the season where a dishwasher would definitely make my life easier. :D

We are also reconfiguring our kitchen layout a bit to create more counter top space.  Before, we had very little space.  Very. Little.  One of the changes to help this is to install an under the cabinet microwave instead of the counter top microwave we currently have.  Again, another small change that will make a big difference in the life of this mom. :)


So there were two different dishwashers that I was trying to choose from...same brand.  One had a few more upgrades and was $60 more.  One of the upgrades was the stainless steel was specially formulated to resist fingerprints.  Hmm...this is very important to me.  Again, another detail that could make my life a little easier!  So, I say, "Kids, everyone put your hands on these dishwashers!"  The fingerprints on the cheaper dishwasher stayed and you could really see them.  The one on the more expensive were a lot less noticeable - sealing the decision for this mom! :)  


In the midst of the busyness of your life, find something beautiful to encourage you!
Lovely trees at our hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment