Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Recipe: 7 Up Lemon Bundt Cake

I haven't been able to cook or bake much to try new recipes but I thought I would share one my sister baked and raved over!  She said it is amazing.  And a light dessert with a lemon touch is perfect for spring entertaining. :)




7-Up Lemon Bundt Cake


Ingredients


1 Box Yellow Cake Mix

1 (4 oz.) Box Instant Lemon Pudding (My sister did vanilla)

1 1/2 Cups 7 Up

4 Eggs

3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil


Icing:

2 Cups Confectioners Sugar

1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice

1-2 Tbsp. Milk


Preheat oven to 325F degrees.

Spray your 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine all the cake ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into bundt pan.

Bake for about 45-55 minutes (until inserted toothpick or fork comes out clean). Allow to cool completely, then remove from bundt pan.

Start preparing icing. If you’re using a fresh lemon, you might like to zest a bit of the lemon for more flavor. That step is totally optional. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon juice. Add milk in slowly until you’ve reached desired consistency. You may want your icing a bit thicker or more like a glaze. That part is completely up to you. This icing is nice and tangy and brings a nice balance of flavor alongside the sweet cake.

Pour icing over cake. And serve!

On a side note...

This week, I am trying to "cook" some healthier meals.  I am trying some convenience food that I normally don't use but is easier in the kitchen in the hotel.  I only have a small two burner stove top and a sink to wash pots and pans about the size of a bathroom sink.  So the less pans I have to dirty and wash...the better!  I have drenched myself a few times already.  LOL!


Our family enjoys fish which is quick and easy to cook.  I usually buy tilapia but found cod and flounder which will be a nice change.  Just add rice and veggies for a delicious meal.


One of the easiest ways to get in veggies in your meal is the steamable bags!  So easy!  We haven't tried the sweet potatoes but I am excited to!


Fully cooked chicken breasts strips are so wonderful!  I used them in our fettucine alfredo tonight and have another bag to use for other meals - in pitas, on salads.


Pre made bags of greens are handy for a quick salad.  Add some red onion, boiled eggs, tomatoes and some crunchy toppings. :)


I actually have never used these until we moved in the hotel and someone gave us some groceries.  I tried it and loved it!  So handy and tasty!



No comments:

Post a Comment