Friday, March 20, 2015

It's Friday!

What a week already!  I can't seem to find the time to sit down and blog.  Instead, I am taking the little extra time I do have to take the girls to the pool while we are staying here at the hotel.  It is a special activity that they will not have forever so we are indulging while we can. :)  And boy, do they love it!  

Monday, we were able to have our house looked at by a general contractor.  He is a super great guy - an older gentleman.  We were able to submit his bid to our insurance adjuster and they decided to up our pay out.  Praise the Lord!  This enables us to use a general contractor to do all the work that is needed to be done.
Monday night - Work.

Tuesday - School, swimming and softball practice.  And a 13 house photo inspection job!  That was pretty crazy.
Wednesday - School, administrative meeting with my husband, Awana club and work that night.
Thursday - School, met with our contractor at our house, swimming with Jenny and Reagan, two softball practices.

We are excited about the renovations that we are able to do to our home.  We did find out that it will take 3-4 weeks for us to get our cabinet order in.  So it is pretty much guaranteed we will be living in our suite for a bit longer. :)  I am really glad we have such a nice place to stay during this time.

Today, I have an appointment to pick out our new cabinets and countertop @ 8:30am.  We also have a company to remove all the flooring and tiles in our home that have asbestos.  That, my friends, is quite the procedure!  All our furniture from our dining and living room will have to be put in the garage.  Then there is a guy that needs to come by to take a sample for the testing procedure they are required to do.  
We will then be meeting Becca and her kids for our church home school activity.  Picnic in the park and a tour of the Kimmie Candy Factory.  Swimming at the hotel.
Then I will probably crash Friday night. :)

Saturday is our big teen rally.  Prayers are appreciated!  I will be taking Sierra and Autumn to their softball practices at 9am and then be doing childcare for the teen rally volunteers from 11:30 on until I head for work.

I just wanted to share a cool thing.  You may think this is random and off the wall and I'm looney.  Probably am. :)  So, not living in our home (looking like at least a month and a half), I don't need to purchase toilet paper.  Yeah, you just wondered where this was going!  Well, it happens that I signed up to donate toilet paper for our church supply day.  I like to think that God was thinking..."She gave something to the church above and beyond her tithes.  I think I will give it back to her."  I donated toilet paper and I receive free toilet paper.  You may think I'm weird...but I think God likes it when we recognize the little things.  
Have a great weekend, friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment